Like a worm burrowing through loamy soil, an idea is making its way through my brain. A friend of mine has recently read my blog and is encouraging me to write a book. This idea has come about before and has been suggested by other people in my life. However, here is the problem; I don't finish anything. Seriously, my life is the collection of unfinished projects. With this in mind I read my pastor's tweet this afternoon. "Greatness is usually more about the tenacity to revisit unfinished projects than the vision to create new ones." So is this an unfinished project that was never properly started or would this be something new? Arghh!
I must ask you my readers, what do you think? You read my blog, would you read something longer? Is a book the great American pipe dream or should that not matter? HELP!!! If I am to write, what should I write about? My brain works like a shotgun and I could go on and on with no clear direction for hundreds of pages. My blog readers probably know me best from a writing stand point. What do you think?
I don't know what you'd write about, but I do know that you'd be good at it. I'm currently editing the book that my sister is writing and giving feedback along the way, and it's a long process. It's tough, but ultimately worth it in the end. Some of the chapters she's written she thinks are the worst so far, and they actually end up being some of the strongest.
ReplyDeletePerhaps you should write about redemption. It's a topic that I believe you are understanding more and more each day - and it doesn't always look like people think it should.
Thanks Kels. But I think I am being led to write about the Sacred Secular. It has and continues to be a subject of passion and interest for me. Today's Christianity has taken on a gnostic identity toward the world. I want to show people that it isn't an issue of the world or God, but it is His world and He is glorified in all of it.
ReplyDelete