“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” -Oscar Wilde


10 January, 2011

Tell tale heart

Like the beat coming from underneath the floor board, my blog calls to me. Giving away my guilty need to share myself. But recently I have found that I open a new post, stare at the screen for several minutes and then I close the tab without writing one word. The discouragement from writing without knowing if anyone is reading stops me in my tracks. I want to write, but my selfish need to be heard is the pinnacle of hierarchical prominence.

Recently a friend told me he reads every posting. That was very encouraging, but I still find myself discouraged about writing. Friends, I am asking a favor from you. Would you please leave me a comment after you read this? It doesn't have to be profound or encouraging. If you would just say "hi" or "here" to let me know you have read this, it would mean the world to me. Thanks.

5 comments:

  1. Chris, I love reading your blog, please keep writing. I'll make you a deal if you keep writing I'll keep commenting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I see that you've posted a new link on Facebook to one of these blogs, I always stop what ever else I'm doing & take time to read. So keep writting :)

    PS this is Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get your inspiration back. I know I enjoy being challenged by you and your writing.

    Don't be discouraged.

    "Why am I discouraged?
    Why is my heart so sad?
    I will put my hope in God!
    I will praise him again—
    my Savior and my God!" Psalm 42:5

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, check your blog everyday. multiple times. good stuff. you better start writing again, I'm starting to get pissed.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete