2010 might have been my worst personal year ever, but it was great musically. I was reminded yesterday of a comment I had made a week or two ago and I think I need to revisit my statement. I had said that The Black Keys were the best band of 2010. Since I don't listen to entire albums, but tend to focus on songs; it doesn't seem right to declare a winner in the battle of the bands. However, I am quite comfortable it giving you my choices for 2010 best songs. I hope you enjoy.
10. Silversun Pickups- The Royal We
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPzU1Uz8ujw
9. Snow Patrol- Just Say Yes*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW1hv37imjw&ob=av2el
8. Broken Bells- The High Road*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mkr19RSG6k
7. Muse- Resistance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPE9uSFFxrI
6. Mumford & Sons- Little Lion Man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLJf9qJHR3E
5. Florence + The Machine- Dog Days Are Over
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWOyfLBYtuU&ob=av2em
4. The Black Keys- Howlin For You
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpxbWoDhVxw
3. Phoenix- Lisztomania
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEaEU_R_XFI&feature=related
2. The Black Keys- Tighten Up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNXwicxlsvI
1. Mumford & Sons- The Cave
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KkUeRPjc-Y
*Song was released in late 2009, but didn't gain notoriety until 2010.
#3, and #6 were my top two with Muse - Uprising rounding out my top three. Lisztomania is like a magically delicious treat for the ears. And let's face it, Little Lion Man is the greatest song you've ever sent me.
ReplyDelete