“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” -Oscar Wilde


31 January, 2011

Plump

I have always been overweight. As far back as I can remember I struggled with my weight. When I was in grade school I was husky, or so said my pants. When I was in middle school I was chunky, but when I was in high school I was just fat. I look back at my obesity and realize that any one of those places would have been a time to address my weight. Now I am morbidly obese and I am over thirty which means it doesn't come off like it used to. I haven't been on a scale in quite some time, but I would guess I am about 75 pounds overweight.

I have recently started watching my intake, but as in times past I am struggling. If you know me at all you will know I am a foodie. I love to cook and I love to eat. Dieting is very difficult for me because of all the goodness out there. The other issue as I see it is money. For someone to eat healthy and to do it inexpensively you need to do one of two things, compromise quantity or quality. Either way it sucks.

I am not trying to be 160 and strapping, but I would like to fit into my clothes again. While buttoning my shirt today I thought, "If I sneeze this button is going to take someone out." I hate being fat!

1 comment:

  1. I wish you had a planet fitness down there. We're always flat broke and can still afford it, plus, I'm not the fattest one there when I go, so I don't feel out of place. I, too, hate how much it costs to eat healthy. BOO!

    You could always do butt clenches at your desk.... I had a coworker at Family that wore ankle weights all day to help him burn extra calories too...

    ReplyDelete