I have been working at my current place of employment for six months. I have seen crazy busy and I have seen insanely boring. I have created programs from scratch and had to argue to get the basic of volunteer recruiting to happen. It has been a wild ride and has left me perplexed at times.
I have had days that I felt like I was so valuable that I should get a raise or promotion. I have had days that I felt like I was going to be fired because I couldn't justify why I was even there. It has been quite the rollercoaster of emotion coming in everyday.
Last week I found out I was going to have a mid-year review. This scared the junk out of me because I didn't know we even had yearly reviews, let alone semi-annual ones. I went into my review to find that the organization still thinks well of me. Whew! I was really worried. I did get some suggestions on how to be more awesome, but overall it was positive.
Today I find myself feeling less shaken and more mentally fit while sitting at my desk. Things seem more stable and that is great. I don't know how long God will keep me here, but for right now I am content.
No comments:
Post a Comment