“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” -Oscar Wilde


26 March, 2010

Inane ramblings

Right now I am just in a great mood. I want to talk to someone, but I have no one to converse with, so I will talk to you. I don't know why I am in such a good mood. Perhaps it is the sunshine, maybe it is because I am on my third cup of coffee. Whatever the reason, I am just feeling good. I know what it is, I got to talk to Ruby and Sarah on Skype this morning. I love those girls. Ruby is so funny, she is a ball of energy. She always says the same thing to me when we talk. "Daddy, I love you, but I want you to come home." Most days this makes me sad, but today it is inspiring and giving me hope. She is so pretty, just like her momma.

I am thinking that when I have the resources I am going to get a dog. I don't know what kind but I know what I don't want. I don't want a dog that needs to go for long walks or wants to play all the time. I don't want a dog that sheds its body weight in a year. I don't want a dog that is difficult to train. So, with that being said I am taking suggestions on dog breeds. Either what to get or what not to get. I have been looking at bulldogs and bassett hounds. They seem as lazy as I am and small enough that they won't fill the yard with poo. Perhaps I should look at really small, like a chihuahua. They seem yippee and mean though. I need something that wants to watch football with me.

Does anyone else find that they can work quicker if they have to go pee? When I am doing something and have to go, all of a sudden I am really fast. If sound can't travel in a vacuum, then why is mine so loud? Have you ever wondered if people don't exist when you aren't around? Perhaps life only revolves around you and people have memories of the life they think they lived but didn't. The crazy thing is if God is creating a false construct around this premise you couldn't prove it wrong. Or maybe it revolves around someone else and you aren't really living right now.

2 comments:

  1. I always wonder if parts of my reality exist when I'm not there. Kinda like if a tree falls in the woods, does it make a sound, if no one is there to hear it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. French Bulldog...my mom wants one, they hate the hot, the hate exercise, and they are probably no more than 30 pounds...

    ReplyDelete