I know that my life is in the midst of a growing pain. Although there is no warm wash cloth or medicine that will relieve the symptoms. Unfortunately I have to endure this pain until it goes away. As with my leg pain, this pain will eventually go away. But until it does I have to persevere and know that it will make me the man God wants me to be. As much as I hate this pain and don't want it in my life, I know that the growth is needed. When it is done I will tower over the problems that brought it on and stand strong. I can't wait to see how tall I will be when it's done.
“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” -Oscar Wilde
18 March, 2010
Growing pains
I remember when I was young having these horrible pains in my legs. My mom would tell me they were growing pains. I would lay on the couch with warm wash cloths on my legs and take Tylenol. The pain was achy and sharp. It would last for hours and stop me from playing or doing school work. As a child this seemed to be the worse pain that I could think of. It didn't seem to have any rhyme or reason. It would come and go without any warning. I don't remember when these pains stopped, but I know I was happy to not have to suffer any longer. As I now stand 5'7", I wish those pains would have come a little more often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment