“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” -Oscar Wilde


10 December, 2010

Phoenix

(Con't...)
Even though Sarah went through with the divorce, she was fired anyway. Without a job or direction, she moved with the kids to KC. Needing help she is living in a house owned by her church. However, she has been told that if she reconciles with me she will have to vacate the premise within two months. As much as I would like to mend things with her, our current economic situation would prevent any such restoration.

When trying to find a job after losing mine, I realized how hard it is without a degree. I decided that I should go to college and secure my future. After finding a college with a good reputation and finding a major, I applied for aid. I was accessed by the income I made last year. Including all of my benefits I made $80k last year. Needless to say, my aid wasn't great. I almost wasn't able to go to school, except a miracle was waiting. I told my boss about my disappointment of not being able to go to school. She spoke with her boss and even though there isn't a reimbursement program at my work, they wrote my books into the training budget. I am currently working on my Bachelor's of Public Administration.

This year I am spending Christmas with my family and I am enjoying every minute of it. I don't have social work, fundraising or HR issues driving me nuts. I have even been whistling Christmas songs.

My life story continues or ends here. If you are a passive observer of my life, this is the end of the road. If you are my friend and a contributor, this is just the turning of a page. Either way, thanks for getting to know me.

No comments:

Post a Comment