“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” -Oscar Wilde


24 November, 2010

W/e ikr

Most of the time I despise popular culture, at least as it pertains to 14 year old girls. I am an avid texter and as such have adapted slightly to the texting culture. That is to say I use some of the nomenclature of the electronic age. However there are some things I just won't say. I don't do ROFL. Every time I see this I pronounce it out. Roffle. It makes me chuckle. I also am not a fan of LMAO. Perhaps it is my prevailing lack of A that inhibits my use or just that I am saving the term for something truly funny. Come what may, I will never refer to someone as my bff. I don't care how close we are, it is just insipid.

That is not to say that I don't have best friends or even very close friends. I have been thinking a lot about the people that mean something to me and why. That got me thinking of you. Yes, you! The reader of my blog. You mean a great deal to me. One of the things that I value highly is being understood and you are trying to understand me. That is awesome!!! (Yes, I triple exclamation point) Whether you just started reading today or you have walked this long and winding road for a while, thank you. I value your reading and also your comments. My friend I hope you have a blessed holiday.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, yes... the lovely abbreviated language that our postmodern society has latched on to... it drives me up a wall. I do use some (ROFL rarely) and I am a really, really, really addicted texter, but I am one who spells out each word and PUNCTUATES sentences. Strange, but true. =)

    I see you as a valued bloggie reader/commenter and I thank you, as well, for leaving comments and thoughts. In my opinion, when people read/express thought/challenge my writing, it makes me a better person, which in turn makes me a better writer/blogger.

    I believe I overused the / today, so I will now sign off with a HAPPY THANKSGIVING! =)

    ReplyDelete