Collectors of just about every kind of product know what NIB means. NIB are three little words that change a knickknack from interesting novelty to valuable collectible. I of course speak of New In Box. It is the status of something that means it has been preserved in it's original packaging and hasn't been handled. Something can be fifty or sixty years old and look like it was just placed on the Woolworth's shelf for sale.
I think I am one of these antiques that is new in box. I would consider myself an old soul, a lover of a time forgot. That isn't to say that I don't like anything about our modern era. I am not going to go without my cell phone, computer or TV. However, there is something so appealing about a Rockwell type evening with a fireplace and the radio playing music. Children playing on the floor while I read the evening paper. The smell of dinner in the air and the wife is setting the table in a house dress. I know it is cliché or even stereotypically melancholy, but I think it is delightful.
That got me thinking. Do you know who I am? I know some of you know me better than I know myself. But my guess is that many of you read my blog and try to figure out who I am by the topic of the day. This isn't a very good way to get to know someone as it is reflective only of the flavor of the day. I think my next few entries will concentrate on the essentials of Chris.
P.S.- I hope you like the design change on my blog. I thought it was time for a change.
No comments:
Post a Comment