“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” -Oscar Wilde


30 November, 2010

1.00794

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. And God said, “Let there be Chris,” and there was Chris. God saw that the Chris was good..."

Well maybe it didn't happen exactly like that; but the truth is, like everything else in this world, I had a beginning. I was born to Curt and Carol DiMaso on April 5, 1977. My parents turned 30 the year I was born. I don't know much about my first year, but I have been told I was the most beautiful baby ever. It is hard to argue with such logic. I would be given a sister, Lacey, two years later. We were a suburban, Catholic family.

My earliest memories are of being with my family and going places with my mom. She was very dedicated to my early development. When I entered kindergarten I could already read and could count over 100. I spent my first few years in Catholic school and I was even taught by nuns. Third grade was a tough year for me. I left the parochial nest and also moved twice. Having three third grades and moving in and out of curriculum caused me to fall through the cracks. Where I once was a stellar student, I now felt that no one cared. For the rest of my school career I would feel alone and confused about my education.

Throughout my formative period I was taken to church, went through Catholicism and received my first communion. In the fourth grade I was able to become an altar boy and I was so proud. Many times I was the only person in my family that would attend church. I knew from an early age that serving God was what I was made to do, I just didn't know where it would take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment