I like to cook. I don't mean, I just don't mind fixing hamburger helper on occasion. I mean I love to cook. I don't know what it is exactly or why it is such a passion, but if I could drop everything right now, I would go cook. I love reading recipes, learning new techniques and finding out why things go together like they do. My favorite part of cooking is improv. I love taking a recipe and doing something new or unexpected. I have several recipes that I love, but I never make them the same way twice. How boring would that be?
Even more than cooking, I have a passion for ministry. Well, that is...I did. Following my untimely demise as a minister, I lost that passion. For months I couldn't even hear God, let alone minister to anyone. Then I rode a roller coaster of faith and apostasy for several more months. It has only been the last 3 or 4 months that I have been really spiritually healthy and feel that God is reissuing the call of ministry on my life.
Eight weeks ago I began a spiritual gifts class at my church. I felt like I should because I wasn't sure what God wanted from me now that I was not in His perfect will for my life. To my amazement my gifting hadn't changed. I identified my predominant spiritual gift as teaching, with prophesy and exhortation subordinate. As the weeks have progressed I have found that everything we talk about brings me back to ministry. For the last two or three weeks now I have been consumed with the idea of wanting to have a ministry. Someone to teach and engage, someone to disciple in the faith.
I am excited through all of this, because I know that God doesn't place a calling without a mission. I am also excited because I am still in His plan and that feels great. It won't be tomorrow and it probably won't be this month, but I know that when His timing is right I will have a ministry again; and that is soon enough for me.
Good to hear, Chris!
ReplyDelete