I love crooner style music. The mellow melodies and heart-felt lyrics appeal to a deep part of my soul. I am listening to Michael Buble & Harry Connick Jr. right now and thinking about how much I would like a blanket and a good cup of coffee. I could curl up on the couch and just sit for hours and chat with a good friend. I think that people have given up to easily on the finer, slower things of life. I just am not interested in hustle and bustle, there is no intrinsic value to such a lifestyle.
Even the act of going out on the town has been replaced with jam packed malls and one day only sales of madness. What have happened to promenades and plazas adorned with gentlemen looking dapper and ladies on their arms? An evening filled with dinner and dancing has been replaced with a movie and Applebee's. It is the echo of civilization, but it lacks the vivid expression of life. I long for the day that I can personally resurrect this lost culture of yesteryear.
Sounds truly lovely.
ReplyDelete