“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” -Oscar Wilde


07 October, 2010

Never voting again

By in large I use subject lines as attention getters or shock value, but this one is different. Unless something changes, I will never vote again. I am sure that there are some that are incensed by this and will call me unpatriotic or un-American, but before you do understand my reasoning. I have been considering this for weeks and maybe even understood the idea for longer but didn’t want to believe it.

To understand my logic you need to see this from several different view points. The first is the idea of control. People with control don’t surrender power out of the goodness of their heart. Most times control ends in a hostile restructuring that leaves people divided. When the founders of this country were working on creating a more perfect union they had an opportunity to seize control. Why didn’t they? I suggest they did and we just can’t see it through our “freedom”. Power and control are about two things, money and exercising your will. Had the founders instituted a totalitarian regime or monarchy they knew it eventually would be overthrown. But, if they gave the people what they wanted and made it seem as if they owned the country then there would be nothing to overthrow.

Republicans vs. Democrats is the basis of our bicameral legislature. One against the other brings to mind the idea of opposites and enemies. You are either for or against in this world of politics. But isn’t reality and is the façade of our government. Abortion, taxes and war are all hot button issues that you will base your vote on this year. Usually long before the election, the candidates will be talking about what you want to hear from them. All of these issues have been brought to your attention so you could choose what you care about and how you want the government to act. If I was to ask you what color I should paint a room, but only allowed you to choose between dark green or light green, what has really been asked? I wanted your opinion and even gave you the freedom to choose. You gave your answer and I didn’t just force my opinion on you, so you have experienced liberty. But what about the other colors? Perhaps you really like blue or red, but I didn’t allow you to see those in making your decision. Now here is the trick, the question was never about the color. I just didn’t want you to tell me to leave the room or rearrange the furniture. I am still in the room and it still functions the same way as I wanted it too, but it has a new coat of freedom on the walls.

We have been lulled into a freedom coma and can’t wake up. Here is the truth, you are not free. You are a pawn of an establishment that was created to enslave the masses in a delusion that looks like liberty. This economy and the government that works to support it, was made to ensure that power and control would remain in the hands of those who never wanted to lose it. There is no one you can vote for that will change the system. Until the American public realizes that they are not free and want something different this cycle will continue. Revolution needs to begin with the people, but that can’t happen until they suffer. If a real revolution ever happens I will be there, but until that day I will not participate in this illusion.

2 comments:

  1. Romans 13:1
    Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.


    Daniel 2:21
    It is He who changes the times and the epochs; He removes kings and establishes kings; He gives wisdom to wise men And knowledge to men of understanding.



    Hi Chris. Voting is one of my favorite topics. I'll keep it short. Voting for the lesser of the two evils is wrong. Why? 1) Voting for evil is wrong. 2) To think we actually have control is prideful.

    So, what should we do? Research the candidates, not just the two parties the media pushes. Vote for the candidate that will uphold the principles of the Bible. God will handle the rest. Simple as that.

    -Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. More than anything you said I am curious who you are. Do I know you or did you just happen by my blog?

    I appreciate your view point, but I won't vote and promote the lie.

    ReplyDelete