Some of the strongest natural fibers in the world are made of hemp. It was required in the Jamestown colony that everyone grow hemp. It was one of the crops that made the States a successful nation. Until marijuana was demonized, it was what our rope was made out of. Today's rope is largely synthetic and in some cases stronger, but there is nothing like a natural fiber rope to make you realize what you are holding.
I feel like I am at the end of my rope. I don't like feeling out of control and I especially don't like feeling at the mercy of my environment. It used to be that when I got to the end of my rope I would just grab onto someone else's rope. But I am not making plan B's any longer. So here I dangle, staring at the knot that finishes the end of my rope. Afraid to look down, I don't know what happens if I eventually lose my grip. Perhaps someone is waiting to catch me...perhaps not.
No comments:
Post a Comment