I am thinking about the restaurant of life that God is running. Jesus is greeting you at the door. The Father is slinging hash in the kitchen and the Holy Spirit is refilling your drink. There is no need to make a reservation; your table is always waiting. The red vinyl bench seats squeak as you sit and the stainless steel trim is shining. The memory of sleeping in late at your grand parents house and waking up to a hot breakfast moves through the air. A marquee style sign on the wall displays the daily special. This special isn't for everyone, it is just for you.
In Bruce Wilkinson's book "The Prayer of Jabez" it says that we need to pray for divine appointments. Asking God to put things or people into our path. I like this idea, it seems logical to me. That we are free enough to go through life the way we wish. Everyday we can order the chicken strips if we want, but we can also ask for the special. Something that God has designed just for us, just for today. Today I am ordering the special, I can't wait to find out what it is.
i like it when the vinyl chair squeaks. when that happens i dream about my grandparents who have gone to Glory.
ReplyDelete