There are few things in this world that we share universally, but food is enjoyed by everyone. I would love to start or be a part of something that combined faith and cooking. Not on a soup kitchen level, something more intimate and personal. If I could pull together these two longings I would be ecstatic. Perhaps I should begin to write some food devotionals. I could form them around ingredients or dishes as a whole.
“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” -Oscar Wilde
27 April, 2010
Cooking
I remember being very young and having my mom teach me how to cook. I must have been six or seven when she started allowing me to help in the kitchen. Ever since then I have had a love affair with cooking. I remember at eight she allowed me to make a cake from scratch. She didn't even care that I wasn't using a recipe. I was just mixing stuff together. I took what I knew, which wasn't much, and put together a cake. It tasted a lot like chocolate chalk, but it was mine. Cooking is the mixture of science and artistry, both of which are passions of mine. There is one aspect of cooking that I love above all others; I love to cook for people. I am tickled when I get to make food for people and they enjoy what I make. Sometimes it is a new effort and what I have made isn't enjoyed, but it is still fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment