“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” -Oscar Wilde
19 May, 2010
Perspective
I have been thinking recently of my narrow view of life. I can only see my world one second at a time. I can recall the past but not see it. I can forecast the future, but not know for sure of its destination. This moment that I am in is 49.5% the past and 49.5% the future and I have but 1% to live in and understand. I have been thinking of my life as a train of stacked dominoes of which I only see one at a time. All I see is a domino fall but not from whence it came nor where it travels. This view can lead to a conclusion that the only thing that matters is the domino that is in view. Isolated and focused, it is my priority. However, should I see the train in it's entirety I would know so much more about the domino that is falling. I would see the hundred before it that fell to get me to this place and the hundred left to fall. All I can do is have faith in the one who has stacked the dominoes and not do anything that would alter their course. Remembering the domino that fell and praying for the one to come, I wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment