“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” -Oscar Wilde


22 May, 2010

Light year

Most people, probably just Americans, think a light year is a measurement of time. It is actually a measurement of distance. Light in a vacuum moves a constant speed, so the distance it would travel in one year is a light year. To get to our nearest other star would take you 24 years if you could travel at the speed of light. I won't even get into all the problems with that statement, but that is it in a nut shell.

Somethings work better fast and somethings work better slow. For instance, have you ever tried to make your signature at half your normal speed? It looks ridiculous. You over think every motion and try to hard. But on the other hand, there are some things that have to be taken slowly. Intricate design is routed in exact movement. The lines on a dollar bill take many painful hours to perfect. Everything in life has it's inherent length of actualization.

I am impatient in life. I know what I want or where I am going and I want to get there. I know this has its problems, but I usually would rather take on the problems and get to gettin. This idea doesn't work well with people. When someone is on the fence or trying to make a decision you can't rush them. If you do, you run the risk of pushing them into safety and prevents them from properly examining risk. I am waiting on people right now. Personal and business, and both of which I want to just say "come on". But I know that this isn't beneficial for me or them. So, patience...I don't like it but I guess I have to live with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment