“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” -Oscar Wilde


18 February, 2010

Brutality

Honesty is a fickle bitch. One person's idea of the truth is another's lie. Our court system uses the phrase "The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth." If truth was an absolute in the eyes of people then why such a disclaimer? Obviously there are many reasons why the whole truth would not be spoken. Here is one such reason: You don't want to hear it. If this is the case for you, then stop reading and go away.

Many people want to know how I am doing, where I am or why I did what I did. I will gladly speak to all of those here, but not for sensationalism. If you are a gossip whore please navigate away from this page. If you want information to tear me down, you should leave. If you are still reading and you want to support me and find ways to help, then welcome friend. If you are my friend you will post uplifting comments or keep your snide remarks and "helpful" criticisms to yourself.

For this first posting I will say I am well. As much as one man can be well who has lost almost everything in life and is faced with emotional torment everyday. Maybe "peachy" is a better word. I am living in the Kansas City area with my brother-in-law and his family. I am currently unemployed, broke and bored. I miss my family more than I could have ever imagined. It is so overwhelming sometimes I can't breathe. If you want to know how you can pray for me these things are paramount. 1. I need a job. A job will give me the money I need to rebuild my life but also a mental outlet to stave off depression. 2. I desire more than anything to reconcile to my family. This might not mean we live together, but I at least want a healthy relationship with Sarah and the kids.

2 comments:

  1. Chris,

    I just want to let you know that you have my prayers for both items mentioned. I pray that God grant his blessing to you as you seek to honor him in your life, which I am sure you are doing. Feel free to write or whatever. God Bless you brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris:

    Good to see you writing. The subject matter, like your life, is rough and gritty, lacking smooth edges and easy answers. KNOW you are in my prayers.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete